I’m writing this late evening on December 1, but I need to officially kick off Blogmas. Yup, I forgot. In my defence, I have been recovering from the flu and it is giving me brain fog. Before you ask, no it is not COVID!
What the heck is Blogmas?
It’s like Vlogmas but for Blogs. You basically write a bunch of blog posts in December. There are many ways you can participate:
- 12 days – like the 12 days of Christmas
- Advent style – like your chocolate Advent calendars, this is over 24 days
- Daily – every day of December
I haven’t been able to find out who actually started it all but when I do, I’ll be sure to update this post.
Why am I doing Blogmas this year?
I want to get into the habit of writing more and I figured this was a good way to start. I’m starting small with the 12 days of Blogmas, which I’m realising is a challenge all on its own. I don’t know if I will ever go all out but I think 12 days is a good place to start.
What will Blogmas feature?
I’m going into this with a lot of enthusiasm and as it is Christmas, you will get some elements of that as well as WordPress, tech, food, sewing, and community. I can hear the project manager in me is screaming, you need a plan! Well this time around, we are going to wing it. Pacifying the project manager, I’ve come up with the following points (this is subject to change):
- Day 1 – Welcome to Blogmas
- Day 2 – WordPress: State of the Word 2021
- Day 3 – WordPress: State of the Word 2021 Recap
- Day 4 – Tech: Setapp, the Super App for Mac
- Day 5 – Charity: Color my Heart Orange
- Day 6 – Food: A Nigerian Christmas Menu
- Day 7 – Christmas: Yay! Christmas Carols
- Day 8 – WordPress: Reusable block
- Day 9 – Tech: Zip Message
- Day 10 – Project Management: Planning for 2022
- Day 11 – Sewing: Why it is my Therapy
- Day 12 – Recap: What I have learnt whilst doing this challenge
I hope you will join me over the next 12 days!